Welcome one and all to the next greatest meme on the face of the planet! Well, at least to us! 🙂 It started as the brain child of the great Hope Collier. Thanks, Izzie, for such a great idea!
Show us a scene from your current project. It can be creepy, adventurous, romantic, etc. Just a snippet to let readers see what they’re in for!
* Must be from a current work-in-progress (WIP). Nothing already published.
* You may choose from any section of the manuscript, but be mindful not to include spoilers.
* Keep it clean and YA audience friendly, please. No erotica.
* Stay under 300 words or about one page. It can be as little as a few lines if you prefer. We just want to give readers a chance to see everyone’s selection.
* Link back to Chirenjenzie so we can enjoy others’ work as well!
* Include the guidelines in your post.
Please leave a comment with a link to your Wordsmith Wednesday so we can hop on over to your site!
My eyelids flew wide open, searing white rays of sun and betrayal blinded me. The soft lapping sounds of the lake beat up against the side of the boat, drowning out my friend’s giggles of freedom, but only amplifying my boyfriend’s ringing phone. Alec’s eyes shot to the bow of the pontoon, to me, widening with guilt when he met my glare.
He’d promised me. One day. That’s all I’d asked.
“You brought. Your phone. On the boat?” Olivia’s arms planted firmly on her hips, like she was the girlfriend he’d broken another promise to.
Alec’s expression softened with yet another apology then grew hard when mine didn’t accept.
“Yes,” He said to me, then shot a warning look at Olivia. “Some of us still have to work.” Alec snatched his backpack from the back bench, pulled out his phone from the easy access front pocket, and read the screen. Not like we didn’t all know who was looking for him … then man who still wanted me dead.